Last Updated: January 12th, 2015.
These Terms govern (1) the Information made available or enabled via the Site; (2) the nature of the relationship between you and Pasky Gruber LLC ("Pasky Gruber" “PGS“ "the Firm"); (3) certain other matters of professional responsibility; and (4) your use of this Site, the Openlegal™ materials, and related systems (collectively, the “Openlegal™ Site“). If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not access or use the Openlegal™ Site.
2. Not Legal Advice. The Information is made available for general informational purposes only, and is not intended to constitute specific legal advice or to be a substitute for advice from qualified counsel. Without limiting the foregoing, the Information may not reflect recent developments in the law, may not be complete, and may not be accurate in or applicable to Your jurisdiction. Because the Information is general in nature and may not pertain to Your specific circumstances, You should not act or refrain from acting based on any Information without first obtaining advice from professional counsel qualified in the applicable subject matter and jurisdictions.
3. No Attorney-Client Relationship. The Firm cannot represent you until it knows that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. Also, the Firm cannot treat unsolicited information as confidential. Accordingly, the Firm has a policy of entering into attorney-client relationships with its clients only in accordance with certain procedures which include executing an engagement letter and addressing professional responsibility conflicts as required by the Bar Associations of the states in which the Firm maintains offices. You agree that Your access of the Site or receipt of the Information, or Your transmission of electronic mail to addresses on the Site, does not create an attorney-client relationship between You and the Firm.
4. Authorized Jurisdictions; Certifications. Although this Site may be viewed from any of the 50 United States of America and territories, as well as any country, Pasky Gruber attorneys practice primarily in the State Illinois, California and Indiana of the United States of America. The bar memberships of our attorneys are listed in the directory of attorneys. Other jurisdictions may have laws and regulations which differ substantially from those of Illinois, California and Indiana.
The Firm's attorneys are not authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction other than that for which they have gained admission.
5. IRS Circular 230 Disclosure. To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, the Firm informs you that unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained on this Site, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
6. Texas Board of Legal Specialization Unless otherwise indicated, attorneys listed on this Site are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
7. Office Location & Responsible Attorney. To the extent that any applicable ethical rules or laws require us to designate a principal office and/or a single attorney responsible for this Site, Pasky Gruber LLC designates its Chicago, Illinois office at 320 W. Ohio, Ste 300, Chicago, Illinois 60654, telephone 312.772.3510 and Richard C Gruber Jr as the responsible attorney.
8. Intellectual Property. ©Copyright 2009-2014 by Pasky Gruber LLC. All rights reserved. Content on this Site that is provided by Pasky Gruber LLC, or its licensors, including, but not limited to, certain graphics, photographs, images, screen shots, text, digitally downloadable files, audio, videos, trademarks, logos, product and program names, slogans, and the compilation of the foregoing ("Firm Content") is the property of Pasky Gruber LLC and its licensors, and is protected in the U.S. and internationally under trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws.
You agree not to download, copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, modify, or distribute any of the materials contained on the Site in any publications, in public performances, on websites other than this Site for any other commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of the Firm, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers.
Furthermore, use that disparages or discredits the Firm and/or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of Firm's or its licensor's property, or that otherwise infringes the Firm's or its licensors’ intellectual property rights is strictly prohibited. By entering this Site you acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark, or service mark contained on this Site and all Firm Content is owned or licensed by the Firm and may not be used by you without prior written approval. Pasky Gruber will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Nothing contained in this Site shall be construed as granting a license or other rights under any patent, trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property of the Firm.
9. Links to Third Party Sites. If you use any links on the Site to websites not maintained by the Firm, you will leave the Firm’s Site. The linked sites are not under the control of the Firm and the Firm is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site. The Firm provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by the Firm of the site.
By entering this Site you acknowledge and agree that Pasky Gruber has not reviewed all the sites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other site linked to this Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
10. Rules of Conduct.While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, the Firm expects users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site. You agree that you will not:
a. Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
b. Use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
c. Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that the Firm endorses any statement you make.
d. Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
e. Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or that may be or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
f. Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
g. Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
h. Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Site.
i. Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
j. Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent.
k. Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.
l. Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, "scrape," "data mine," or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Firm grants the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service. The Firm reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
11. Filtering. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, the Firm notifies you that parental control protections are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available here and here. Please note that the Firm does not endorse any of the products or services listed at these sites.
14. Governing Law. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of Illinois without regard to conflicts of laws principles. By using this Site, you hereby agree that any and all disputes regarding these Terms will be subject to the federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois.
16. Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
17. Entire Agreement. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede and merge all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.